The chapter has the following aims that shall direct its activities:
Article II of the Constitution and Bylaws
1. To work as a lay movement within the Church for an organic restoration of the liturgy in conformity with its nature and with the Latin tradition
2. To ensure that the traditional Roman Mass as codified in the Missale Romanum edited by Pope John XXIII is maintained -- both in practice and in law -- as one of the forms of Eucharistic celebration which are recognized and honored in universal liturgical life.
3. To obtain freedom of use for all other Roman liturgical books enshrining "previous liturgical and disciplinary forms of the Latin tradition" (cf. Ecclesia Dei, n. 5)
4. To safeguard and promote the use of Latin, Gregorian chant and sacred polyphony in the liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church.
5. To encourage, wherever it would benefit the faithful, the establishment of non-territorial parishes and/or chaplaincies in which the liturgical books used in 1962 are employed.
6. To serve the Church by helping the members of the movement and, through their apostolate, all the Christifideles better to understand, and more fruitfully to participate in, the Catholic liturgy as a sacred action.
All rights reserved.